iPhone 6 Explodes In A Man’s Back Pocket, Leaves Him With Serious Burn Injuries

viralsection

I think it’s safe to say that your iPhone is not safe anymore.

An Australian man recently got burned when his Apple smartphone caught fire. Gareth Clear, a management consultant from Australia, suffered grievous burn injuries when his iPhone 6 exploded in his back pocket, melting both his shorts and two layers of skin in the process. OUCH!

The Daily Telegraph reported Clear to be riding his bike when his phone went up in flames. He fell off his bike and suffered burns on his upper right thigh.

clear_1470131242

Clear had to undergo skin graft to cure his burns at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney. And while the back of the iPhone was completely damaged with the

“metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end”, the upper half remained “perfectly intact”.

Apple has apparently told Clear that it will carry out an investigation into the same.

Meanwhile Clear posted the following warning on Twitter:

- Advertisement -

Facebook Conversation