Dark rings, dark circles or dark shadows are names used for the dark discoloration under the eyes.
The dark circles are a common problem both for men and women. The reasons for the dark circles under the eyes are: unhealthy nutrition, hereditary reasons, sleeplessness, aging, physical stress, mental stress, dry skin, long hours in front of the computer screen and long crying.
Even though this is not a serious skin problem, it gives a person an older, tired, unhealthy and exhausted look. Luckily, the dark circles can be removed easily with some easy-to-make home remedies.
These are the best remedies that will help you to remove the dark discoloration of the skin beneath the eyes.
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is very effective in the treatment of the sensitive skin beneath the eyes. Using almond oil regularly will help you remove the dark circles beneath the eyes. Vitamin E oil is also beneficial in the treatment of dark circles.
• Massage the dark circle under the eye gently, every night before going to sleep.
• Leave the oil on the dark circles over the night.
• In the morning, wash off the oil with cold water.
• Repeat the treatment every night until the circles are gone.
You can remove the dark circles with cucumber, since this vegetable can lighten the skin and has astringent qualities. It will also soothe and refresh the delicate skin beneath the eyes.
• Cut thick slices of a cucumber, and cool them in the fridge for half an hour. Place the slices on the skin for 10 minutes. Afterwards, wash the skin. Repeat the treatment two times a day for an entire week or for a longer period until the circles are gone.
• You can also mix equal amounts of lemon juice with cucumber juice. Apply the remedy on the skin with a cotton ball. After 15 minutes pass, wash your face. Repeat the treatment every day during a week.
The puffiness and darkness around the eyes can be removed with a raw potato, since potatoes contain bleaching agents that are completely natural.
• Grate two potatoes for the juice. Apply the juice on the skin with a cotton ball. Leave the soaked cotton ball over the eyes. Keep your eyes closed for 15 minutes. Wash off the juice with cold water. Repeat the treatment two times a day for several weeks.
• Thick potato slices can also be used instead of the juice.
4. Rose water
Rose water will soothe your tired eyes and rejuvenate the skin, since it is an excellent ingredient for skin care. It is an excellent skin toner due to its astringent qualities.
• Soak a cotton eye pad for several minutes.
• Place the eye pad over your closed eyes.
• Leave the cotton eye pad for 15 minutes.
• Repeat the application of the rose water two times a day for several weeks.
Tomatoes can lighten up the skin a lot due to their bleaching qualities.
• Mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the remedy on the dark circles and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash off the juice with water. Repeat the procedure two times a day for several days. Using only tomato juice without lemon juice is also effective.
• Mix tomato juice with salt, lemon juice and mint leaves. Drink the juice immediately after preparation. Make the juice two times a day for an entire day.
6. Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains skin-lightening qualities due to the presence of vitamin C.
• Apply lemon juice with a cotton ball and wash it off after 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure once a day for several weeks.
• You can also make a thick paste using 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, pinch of gram flour, 2 tablespoons tomato puree and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and wash it off with water after 15 minutes. Apply the paste three times a week.
Notation: Don’t use lemon juice if you feel a burning sensation.
7. Coconut oil
Massages with coconut oil will lighten the dark discoloration of the eyes. Coconut oil is also an excellent moisturizer, so will give you a smooth skin without lines and wrinkles.
• Massage extra virgin coconut oil.
• Leave the oil on the dark skin for several hours and then rinse it off.
• Repeat the treatment three times a day for several months. Stop the treatment after the dark circles are gone.
8. Tea bags
The antioxidants and caffeine will reduce the retention of fluids and the shrinking of the blood vessels. This will reduce the dark circles and the puffiness. The tannins remove the discoloration and the swelling under the eyes.
• Put two used black or green tea bags in the fridge for 30 minutes.
• Put the tea bags on the eyes for 15 minutes.
• Rinse the face afterwards.
• Repeat the treatment two times a day for several weeks.
Notation: The tea should not enter your eyes.
9. Cold compress
The dark circles under the eyes and the puffiness can be reduced by cold compress because it constricts the blood vessels.
• Take cold water or milk and soak a cloth in it. Leave the washcloth on the eyes for a few minutes.
• You can also wrap ice cubes in soft napkins and place them on the eyes. A cold spoon, cooled down tea bag or a bag of frozen vegetables can be also used.
Repeat these treatments several times a day.
10. Turmeric powder
To remove the dark circles, soften and smooth the skin under the eyes use turmeric. Turmeric powder has excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
• Make a thick paste with 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
• Apply the remedy.
• After 10 minutes, wipe away the paste with a damp cloth.
• Repeat the treatment every day until the dark circles are gone.
• Sleep and rest enough.
• Rubbing the eyes is bad, since it dilates the blood vessels and makes the discoloration even darker.
• Remove make-up before bed, since make-up can irritate the eyes.
• Limit the exposure to sun.
• Drink a lot of water and solve the problem of water retention.
• Fluids in the lower eyelid cause eye bags. Elevating the head with pillows is recommended.
• Eat healthy, especially foods that contain vitamins E, C and A.
• Caffeine, alcohol and smoking are not recommended for dark circles. Caffeine and alcohol cause dehydration of the delicate skin under the eyes. Smoking destroys the cells of the skin.
- Advertisement -